Justmeans is recruiting a cohort of CSR and Social Media Summer Interns for the summer of 2009. Applicants should be enrolled in, or have just completed an MBA program and have an interest in sustainability, social enterprise, corporate social responsibility and responsible investing.
Application instructions: Applicants will answer one of the following two questions reflecting their philosophy related to sustainability and responsibility. Then, applicants will invite their friends and networks to vote and comment on their idea. Once an idea is submitted, further application instructions will be provided in a confirmation email.
1. Is Social Responsibility more or less important in a recession?
2. Why is the Press Release dead?
The cohort of interns will work in the Justmeans New York City or London offices (three in midtown Manhattan, and two in central London) on the business development of Justmeans as we grow and expand into new markets. Projects include but will not be limited to: the development and implementation of a sales and marketing plan for our awards program being developed in conjunction with The Financial Times, marketing and sales of our Event Connector technology tool, managing client needs, and sales of our communication tools.
Applicant Required Qualifications:
* The entrepreneurial zeal, analytical acumen, humbleness and stamina to engage in the fast-paced and intense nature of the realities of a start-up company in the midst of extraordinary growth.
* Innovative problem solving capabilities with superior interpersonal skills suitable for interacting with a wide range of executives.
* The interpersonal skills to listen to partners, to understand client needs and to seamlessly transform requests into action.
*Superior writing and communication skills.
*An upbeat demeanor along with a sense of humor, a positive can-do attitude, and the humility to regularly incorporate the feedback of others into the work processes.
*A Bachelor’s degree is required; the ideal candidates will be enrolled in or have recently completed an MBA program.
* Participation in Justmeans strategy sessions
*Monthly thought-leader dinners with key executives from leading companies and social enterprises
*Full resume review and ongoing job search strategizing throughout 2010
*Recommendations and personal introductions to key thought leaders in the social responsibility movement
© 2009, Tracey de Morsella. All rights reserved. Do not republish.