- Position Overview: Justmeans is searching for a Conference and Events Business Development Associate to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and sales plan and worldwide distribution strategy for one of our core technology products – The Event Connector.
Company/ Organization: JustMeans
Location: New York, NY
Company/ Organization Description: Justmeans is a social media platform connecting individuals and companies through information about social responsibility. Our newest product, the Event Connector, leverages the power of the Justmeans site to expand and broaden the impact that events can have on networking and communicating about social responsibility.
- Justmeans is one of the fastest growing online communities for executives interested in social responsibility. The Justmeans social media platform includes a number of products and services to help companies drive conversations and engagement around social responsibility initiatives. Among Justmeans products is an Event Connector system designed to enable conference and event participants to connect before, during and after conferences and to enable networking to be a smooth and seamlessly integrated part of all events. This product line, currently in its early stages of development, transforms conferences into real time business development opportunities and transforms significantly the ability of events to drive and move agendas.
Job Description: The Conference and Events Business Development Associate position is a superb opportunity to apply strong interpersonal skills with sales and marketing acumen into a role squarely centered on the integration of Web 2.0 and Corporate Social Responsibility.
The Conference and Events Business Development Associate will be in the unique position to market, develop and promote Justmeans unique and proprietary Event Connector application. S/he will be charged with identifying and developing relationships in person and remotely to event managers and conference promoters throughout the Americas and Europe.
As this is a new product, the Event Manager will initially design and implement a marketing plan to enable relationships with key vendors and organizations, including setting up in person meetings, conducting demos and introducing key constituents to the product offering. As relationships are built, longer term strategy and development of the product line will be the primary focus.
As relationships get built and the tool is utilized broadly, the Conference and Events Business Development Associate will be in the unique position of soliciting and incorporating feedback into the ongoing development and tweaking of the product. In short, s/he will own the marketing, sales and ongoing development of the Event Connector and be ultimately responsible for its success and growth as a product line.
* The entrepreneurial zeal to develop the sales and marketing plan for the Event Manager product offering with a corresponding vision to articulate, sell and implement the plan to create wide, deep and extensive reach in the circuit of events and conferences focused on social responsibility worldwide.
* A Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of demonstrated experience in sales.
* Strong project management skills, including detailed event planning calendars, “run of show” documents, etc.
* The interpersonal skills to listen to partners, understand client needs and integrate requests with
* Innovative problem solving capabilities with superior interpersonal skills suitable for interacting with a wide range of executives.
* Superior writing and communication skills. Experience working with graphic designers and printers is preferred.
* An upbeat demeanor along with a sense of humor, a positive can-do attitude, and the humility to regularly incorporate the feedback of others into the work processes.
* Travel required to conferences and events throughout the Americas and Europe is required.
To Apply: Please submit your résumé along with a cover letter outlining your interest in this specific position to: dberman_AT_justmeans_DOT_com with the job title and your first and last name in the subject line. Please include your salary history and how you learned of this position in your cover letter.
© 2009, Tracey de Morsella. All rights reserved. Do not republish.