To support our client’s needs, we seek individuals with expertise in the understanding of SmartGrid technologies, as well as implementation and policy issues. In this role you will build and manage a group of engineers, economists and other professionals to support utility and government clients that seek to evaluate and install SmartGrid technologies. You will work directly with internal ICF staff, our customers and partners for the purpose of providing advanced business solutions that address the SmartGrid challenges of the utility industry.
ICF International (NASDAQ: ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver consulting services and technology solutions in the energy, climate change, environment, transportation, social programs, health, defense, and emergency management markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from analysis and design through implementation and improvement. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 3,500 employees serve these clients worldwide.
ICF’s Energy, Climate & Transportation Practice offers results and solutions to a broad range of clients in the energy industry in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. We have developed one of the most respected and experienced Energy Industry practices in consulting, and have provided key energy market analytical support to US DOE, FERC, and EPA, most major independent power producers, utilities, and many cooperatives and municipal utilities in the country.
ICF is a leader in integrated market analysis and modeling, transmission analysis, regulatory support and strategy in the areas of North American electric power, natural gas, and air emissions markets. Our proprietary and licensed models and databases examine every electric power generation facility, transmission facilities, industrial boiler facilities, and all oil and gas reservoirs in North America. ICF International offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered diverse workforce.
– A team leader that can develop new business, and provide subject matter expertise to clients
– Testify in client rate cases and educate regulators
– Design and develop integration SmartGrid solutions
– Understand both information technology and electrical power systems.
– Strong understanding of IT systems integration within a large enterprise
BS, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent degree required
– 10+ years technical professional experience
– Ability to work independently and manage priorities through the project life cycle – understanding the project life cycle and executing the proper steps in the life cycle
– Knowledge of SmartGrid products and services
– General experience in the development of strategies for the implementation of advanced power system electronics, communications capabilities, advanced control and modeling systems, and real-time instrumentation
– Experience with cyber security issues and secure communication strategies and techniques
– Ability to identify challenges and approaches of interoperability and product integration on a system-wide scale
– Knowledge of renewable energy integration and demand response technologies
– Knowledge in technical standards and concepts related to SmartGrid technology
– Experience with electric utility System Operations and Planning and Distribution Management Systems
– Experience in electrical systems and power electronics (e.g. VARs, MPPT)
– Understanding of distributed network communication system management and techniques
– Knowledge of network design and implementation practices ( hardware and software)
– Experience in managing a broad range of innovative strategic and business solution offering to the energy industry
To apply, go to the ICF Online Job Center
© 2009, Tracey de Morsella. All rights reserved. Do not republish.