Sustainable Life Media, producers of the Sustainable Brands Conference, hosted a series of informative online courses on sustainability recently and they are back at it with Season 2 of their Sustainable Brands Boot Camp. The course runs thru May 21st and is geared to teach companies to build business value and brand equity by innovating for sustainability, and give students additional resume qualifications and tools to enact change from within their company.
Boot Camp participants learn from some of the world’s top sustainable business thought leaders, each a leading sustainable business expert in his/her specialty. These long-time sustainability practitioners have consulted with top global brands, including Coke, Wal-Mart, UPS, HP, Unilever and Kraft, among many others.
Designed for executives and managers seeking to understand how to identify and respond to today’s market demands around improving the environmental and social impact of business, the course follows a 4-step prescription for building the better brands of the future: “Observe, Re-Design, Measure and Communicate.”
Sessions are designed to fit a lunch hour and are also available on demand. New sessions are added weekly which students may join live or as it fits their schedule. With a commitment of 8-12 hours, participants will gain a solid grounding in the core disciplines needed for moving successfully in to the new age of sustainable business. Speakers and topics include:
- 1) Understanding Ecological Overshoot, with Susan Burns of Global Footprint Network
2) Sustainable Packaging Design Strategies, with JoAnn Hines
3) Three Strategies for Managing Extended Producer Responsibility, with Seetha Coleman-Kammula of SimplySustain
4) Getting Started and Keeping Going on the Path to Better Brands, with Asheen Phansey of Babson College
5) Green Chemistry’s Potential Impact, with Leonard Robinson of the California Department of Toxic Substances Control
6) Design Tools for Sustainability, with Terry Swack of SustainableMinds
7) Sustainability Reporting: Methods & Measures with Elaine Cohen of BeyondBusiness
8) Effective Communications for Social Entrepreneurs, with Cheryl Heller
From June 7-10, 2010 get set for Sustainable Brands 2010 where The Power of And will be explored in depth and participants will be inspired, engaged and equipped to begin or continue down their own cycle of sustainable business innovation by building the discipline to continually observe, re-design, measure and communicate. Find out more.
*Note: The Green Economy Post is a Sustainable Brands media partner.
© 2010, Tracey de Morsella. All rights reserved. Do not republish.