Meridian Solar Inc, Texas’ leading commercial and residential solar electric design & installation company is seeking a Purchasing & Warehouse Coordinator to join the team at our Austin headquarters. Solar electric technology is evolving quickly, and at Meridian Solar we are constantly evaluating and implementing new techniques and solutions which make solar more efficient, affordable and accessible. We are passionate about solar energy, and we strive to constantly re-define “best in class.” We believe there is no better way to help the industry grow than to create smart, reliable solar energy systems for our customers. If you share our passion for solar, our commitment to excellence and possess the required skills detailed below, we welcome you to submit your resume for the position of Purchasing & Warehouse Coordinator.
Under general direction of the Vice President of Projects; the Purchasing and Warehouse Coordinator supports all PV Electric System component purchasing, material management and warehouse operations to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Purchase materials or other goods and/or coordinate activities involved with procuring products and services.
• Establish and maintain OSHA compliant safe and efficient warehouse conditions.
• Maintain procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors and suppliers.
• Interview and confer with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
• Manage all shipping and receiving functions. Physically receive materials into the warehouse and place into inventory. Ship materials and returns back to manufacturers as required.
• Maintain warehouse facility and functions, vehicles, equipment, tools, etc. to support operations.
• Support Project Managers and Solar Crew Leads with timely and accurate order and receipt of all required project materials and parts. Stage materials in project bins prior to installation date.
• Inventory management of incoming and outgoing product including, but not limited to, serial and model number records of inverters and solar modules.
• Prepare accurate weekly inventory report for management each Monday by 10 AM.
• Provide ongoing purchase documentation and PO’s to Business Admin.
• Maintain and update Master Price List for all project components and systems as updates occur. Communicate updates to the VP of Sales and VP of Projects as changes occur.
• Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
• Keep abreast of market trends, changes in business practices in the assigned markets, new or altered types of materials entering the market, etc.
• May work with manufacturers or persuade potential vendors to undertake the manufacturing of custom-designed items according to specific needs and specifications.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Ability to read plans, specifications and technical manuals
• Electrical Distribution and General Construction
• Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft office; specifically Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Detail oriented
• Good organizational skills
• Able to manage time and priorities to assist with multiple projects
• Excellent communication skills
• Aptitude for professional negotiations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school plus a minimum of four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OSHA Forklift Certification
Valid TX Drivers License
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
This is a salaried full-time position.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package and competitive salary based on experience. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Reference job title in subject line. For serious consideration, please state availability and salary requirements.
For more information about Meridian Solar, please visit us on the web at www.meridiansolar.com
© 2009, Tracey de Morsella. All rights reserved. Do not republish.