The MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology in Abu Dhabi is offering full scholarships to highly qualified graduate students from around the world. (6-10 scholarships are available to U.S. students).
The MASDAR Institute is the centerpiece of the MASDAR Initiative, a landmark program by the government of Abu Dhabi to establish an entirely new economic sector dedicated to alternative and sustainable energy. The MASDAR Institute is a private, not-for-profit, independent, research-driven institute developed with the support and cooperation of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). MIT provides assistance in recruitment of faculty members and senior administrative staff and the provision of course curriculum, amongst other matters. The Institute is located inside the world’s first carbon neutral, zero waste Masdar City which will be powered solely by alternative energy, mainly solar energy.
The Institute offers Masters and (in 2011) PhD programs in science and engineering disciplines, with a focus on advanced energy and sustainable technologies. It welcomes and encourages applications from qualified students and provides scholarships to talented students who meet its high admission standards.
Beginning September 2009, the MASDAR Institute will offer five 24-month Master of Science programs (coursework and thesis).
• MSc in Engineering Systems and Management
• MSc in Information Technology
• MSc in Materials Science and Engineering
• MSc in Mechanical Engineering
• MSc in Water and Environment
Deadline: June 1, 2009
Disciplines: Engineering, Science
Location: Abu Dhabi
Duration: Full Year to two or More Years
Students accepted into the Masdar Institute will be offered a full scholarship which includes the following:
- 100% tuition fee scholarship
- Medical Insurance
- Housing in a single unit apartment (at the Masdar campus)
- International students will receive reimbursement of travel expenses (economy class air-ticket) into Abu Dhabi and back home after completion of studies. Travel expenses (return economy class air-ticket) back to the student’s home country at the end of the 1st year of studies will also be reimbursed.
- Reimbursement of TOEFL and GRE exam fees (upon registration at Masdar Institute and submission of original receipts)
- A competitive stipend per month (cost of living allowance).
- No bond or conditions to the scholarship upon graduation
The scholarship and benefits are subject to the student maintaining a minimum CGPA as determined by Masdar Institute of Science and Technology and satisfactory progress on their research.
Details of faculty profiles, current research, programs offered, course description, scholarships, and other information is available on the MASDAR Institute of Science and Technology website.
Any questions about the Institute and scholarships may be directed to Stephen Lee, Assistant Provost, at slee _at_masdar.ac.ae.
© 2009, Tracey de Morsella. All rights reserved. Do not republish.