Position: Sales and Membership Development-Green Restaurant Association, Boston, MA
Description: Green Restaurant Association (GRA) is a 19-year-old international, non-profit organization with the mission of creating environmental sustainability in the restaurant industry. The position goal is to expand the number of companies working with the Green Restaurant Association. This position is responsible for communicating the business benefits of becoming a Certified Green Restaurant® to restaurants in the U.S. and Canada. He/she fields calls and emails from interested restaurants from around the world; and he/she outreaches to restaurants in all 50 states through phone, email, mail, association meetings, trade shows, etc. All efforts of sales and membership development have the goal of signing contracts with individual restaurants, chains, and restaurant groups. Once the contracts are signed, the restaurant becomes the responsibility of another GRA team member who helps them implement the environmental changes.
* Increase the number of restaurants working with the GRA
* Phone Sales Meetings
* Trade Shows around the U.S.
* Process Contracts
* Process Renewals
* Work with GRA partners to bring more restaurants on board
* Excellent Telephone and In-Person Communication Skills
* Proficient and efficient computer skills
* Able to Speak convincingly about the business benefits of going green
* Good Organization Skills to Manage Outreach efforts, including follow up
* Successful Sales Background
* Good with Numbers
We are looking for somebody who is both passionate about the Green Restaurant Association’s mission and comes from a solid business background who can speak with credibility to restaurant owners. The coordinator will work from GRA’s office in downtown Boston.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, please indicate salary history and requirements in cover letter. Benefits include health insurance and free public transportation to and from the GRA office.
* Email Michael with “Membership”in the subject of the email
* Attach Resume
* Your cover letter should focus on why you will be successful at bringing hundreds and thousands of restaurants on board with the Green Restaurant Association
* Indicate what in your history demonstrates a successful track record that will help you succeed in this position
* No phone calls please.
© 2009, Tracey de Morsella. All rights reserved. Do not republish.