The Center for a New American Dream seeks two, one-year paid Fellows for the Responsible Purchasing Network (RPN). RPN develops cutting edge strategies and resources to assist large institutions, including state and local governments, universities, and corporations, in purchasing socially and environmentally responsible products and services. Two fellowship positions are available – one starting immediately, one starting August 2009. We will close the search when we find the right candidate. Please indicate your availability in your application.
* Gathering and analyzing the latest data to promote responsible purchasing in specific product areas. Research areas may include: cleaning products, vehicles, paper, renewable energy, office electronics (e.g., computers, printers, copiers), paint, lighting, carpets and more.
* Assisting RPN members and potential members with general inquiries and membership, webcast, and event registrations; supplying RPN and New Dream staff with membership information for projects and proposals
* Contacting constituents to generate involvement, gather information, and solicit feedback on various initiatives. This includes telephone research and participation in meetings.
* Researching and writing to keep institutions current with information on responsible products and services. The writing is used for our website, publications, media pieces, presentations, etc.
* Coordinating all event logistics for RPN staff-attended events
* Supporting staff in preparation for meetings, events, administrative work including mailings, etc. (approximately 25% of time).
* Participation in staff meetings and other organizational operations as appropriate.
The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred); excellent research, writing, and verbal skills; basic quantitative skills; flexibility; the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously; and the ability to work well both individually and as part of a team. Familiarity with responsible business practices and products, including the products listed above, is desirable.
Schedule: 1 year, four days/week (Mon-Thurs, 9 to 5)Compensation: $1450/month, 4 weeks paid vacation, full medical, public transit subsidy
To apply: please send a cover letter, resume, three references, and one writing sample (no more than 4 pages) to:
Responsible Purchasing Fellowship
Attn: RPN Fellowships
New American Dream
6930 Carroll Ave, # 900
Takoma Park, MD 20912-4466
or via email to rpn_AT_newdream_DOT_org
Please note: NO PHONE CALLS. Please do not contact us regarding the status of your application – we will contact you if we would like to pursue next steps.
© 2009, Tracey de Morsella. All rights reserved. Do not republish.