Matt, an intern at Bright Green Talent has an informative post up on how to make the green career transition. He has been doing the company’s internet marketing and SEO (Search Engine Optimization). His plate is full. He is also interning at a sustainability consulting firm, and occasionally working in his previous profession as a commercial photographer. Below is a summary of the strategies he is using to transition to a new green career.
1. Get informed and focused by reading everything green, conduct informational interviews, and meet new people in the field.
2. Networking by attending relevant events and and leveraging online social networking resources.
3. Develop your personal brand by blogging.
4. Develop a new skill set that is in demand and then showcase them.
5. Get involved and active.
6. Love what you do and who you work with
Read the details of his green career tranistion over at Bright Green Talent Musings. I will try to check back in with him in a few months to see how he is doing. If you are working to make a change to a green career or if you have been successful at it, drop us a line, so that we can share it with our community.
© 2009, Tracey de Morsella. All rights reserved. Do not republish.