Stephen Hinton, of Hinton Human Capitol has compiled a list 12 licenses and certifications that he thinks will be in demand as the green initiatives in the stimulus start to be implemented and cleantech investments increase. Below is his list.
1. LEED-AP (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)
2. PE (Professional Engineer)
3. PMP (Project Management Professional)
4. CCM (Certified Construction Manager)
5. CPE (Certified Professional Estimator)
6. CPEA (Certified Environmental Auditor)
7. PLS (Professional Surveyor)
8. CWO (Certified Water Treatment Plant Operator)
9. CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
10. Electrician License
11. CIA/CPA (Certified Internal Auditor and Public Accountant)
12. PHR/CIR (Professional in Human Resources and Certified Internal Recruiter)
Although no official nationalized certification exists, carbon accounting certification is growing in demand as the US moves to deal with climate issues with cap and trade. I think that this certificate should be added to the list as well. An estimated 3,000 companies worldwide track and report GHG emissions. In much the same way that businesses use financial reporting to judge operational performance, many organizations use GHG emissions reporting to measure their sustainability performance –this new category is called: Enterprise Carbon Accounting (ECA). According to a research study released recently by Groom Energy and Pure Strategies the number of companies disclosing greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) will triple in the next two years.
© 2009 – 2011, Tracey de Morsella. All rights reserved. Do not republish.