Ceres is seeking a small number of dynamic, committed interns who would find it exciting to be at the center of one of the most effective corporate social responsibility groups in the world.
Ceres interns support program staff working with a wide variety of constituents within the Ceres network: environmental activists, investors, funders, and corporations. While providing some administrative support, interns will primarily work in one of the following areas using skills in research, project coordination, IT and communications.
* Investor Network on Climate Risk (INCR), a $7 trillion network of investors which promotes better understanding and advocacy concerning the risks of climate change among institutional investors
* Industry programs, which seek to create positive change in specific industries such as insurance, oil and gas, and electric power
* Corporate accountability and coalition programs, which build Ceres’ capacity as a force for change through corporate sustainability reporting and stakeholder engagement with companies
* Ceres’ annual conference and other significant programmatic events
* Development, which focuses on working with individual, corporate, and foundation donors
* Communications, which deals with press relations and print, web, and email communications
Internship positions are full time (40 hours) and will last eight (8) weeks; exact start and end dates are flexible, but are generally June 8, 2009 and July 31, 2009. Ceres provides a $3000 stipend each for six interns and may be able to accommodate additional interns who do not require a stipend.
Ceres (pronounced “series”) is a national network of investors, environmental organizations and other public interest groups working with companies and investors to address sustainability challenges such as global climate change. Ceres’ mission is to integrated sustainability into capital markets for the health of the planet and its people.
How to Apply
* Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Ceres is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Address all correspondence to:
Ceres Intern Program – Summer 2009
99 Chauncy St., 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02111
For more information, 617-247-0700
© 2009, Tracey de Morsella. All rights reserved. Do not republish.