The Greenopolis Foundation in partnership with the Environmental Media Association (EMA), the Greenopolis Foundation will award grants to offline projects that produce educational materials and resources which would benefit the Greenopolis online community and others interested in environmental sustainability.
Award Amount: $250 per project
Areas of Focus: Seed funding will be provided to schools, student and educator groups, associations, community groups, and NGOs for educational projects focused on environmental and social sustainability in the following areas:
* Green Community and Education
* Clean Water and Air
* Reuse & Recycling
* Waste Reduction and Elimination
* Healthy Soils and Forests
* Wildlife and Habitat Conservation / Protection
* Climate Change and Carbon Footprint
* Healthy Sustainable Food and Agriculture
* Environmental Health
Funding Priorities: The Greenopolis Foundation supports all sustainability areas. However, grant submissions will be evaluated according to the quality of proposed activities and strategies, potential for learning and change, and anticipated results that can be captured and shared with the Greenopolis community.
Eligibility: To apply for or participate in the Greenopolis Foundation grant program, applicants must be a member of the Greenopolis community. Registering for a free Greenopolis user account is necessary to setup and access grant groups and post grant results. Successful applicants agree to post their complete results exclusively in the eGreenU section of Greenopolis.com. Excerpts from the results and findings of no more than a paragraph may be published elsewhere with a link back to the complete results on the Greenopolis site.
Applicants must demonstrate that a proposed project wil:
* Foster societal and/or environmental learning and change
* Improve an environmental and/or social condition in an ecosystem or community
* Approach social and environmental issues systemically rather than symptomatically
* Develop new ways of thinking and acting
* Facilitate learning and leadership development among participants
* Support ongoing learning and effective action for positive change
Restrictions: The Greenopolis Foundation will not fund the following:
* Regular operational costs
* Discretionary or emergency requests
* Individuals or scholarship programs
* Capital campaigns
* State agencies
* Religious programs
* International or foreign-based programs
* Social service programs
* Transportation costs
Notification: An email will be sent to applicants when their application has been received. However, due to the volume of application submitted during each grant period, only successful applicants will be notified after that initial email. In addition, no notification will be sent if a grant is disqualified for any reason. Please fill out the application carefully in accordance with the guidelines.
Timeline: Applications may be submitted at any time during a grant period; those received after midnight on the due date will not be accepted. Grant proposals are reviewed for approximately thirty days from the grant deadline date. Winning proposals are announced and a list of grant awardees are posted to Greenopolis.com within 10 days after the review period ends. In most cases funds will not be disbursed until the grant has been completed and all requirements fulfilled; extenuating circumstances may warrant a review for approval of disbursement prior to completion. Those applicants not chosen for funding may re-apply with the same grant proposal during a later grant period, but it is advised to first double-check for missing information and adherence to grant guidelines.
How to Apply: The application process takes place electonically on Greenopolis.com. Grant applications must:
* Clearly articulate the environmental or social issue to be addressed by the project
* Develop a project timeline and plan for long-term viability past initial funding
* Articulate a clear analysis of the underlying systemic causes of the problem
* Outline specific goals and strategies of the project
For more information, or to download your application go to Greenopolis
Contact email@example.com with questions.
© 2009, Tracey de Morsella. All rights reserved. Do not republish.