Description: TRC is seeking a qualified energy and sustainability analyst intern to support commercial, institutional and residential energy efficiency and green building programs across the Northeast. Candidates must possess knowledge of building systems, energy efficiency, green building and sustainability. The energy and sustainability analyst intern will work collaboratively with clients to develop market transforming programs that promote energy efficiency and green building.
Company/Organization: Name: TRC Companies, Inc.
Location: Clifton Park, NY
* Assist in the development of technical standards, protocols and requirements for innovative energy efficiency and green building programs;
* Perform and review facility energy audits, feasibility studies and reports;
* Assist in the development and implementation of quality assurance procedures for energy and green building programs;
* Research emerging green technologies and standards such as LEED;
* Review calculations and assumptions used to estimate or measure savings due to energy efficiency or green projects;
* Conduct site visits to verify installation and operation of technologies;
* Communicate with contractors and program participants regarding program rules and requirements;
* Utilize energy modeling applications and spreadsheets to compare projected energy savings to actual.
* Working toward a Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering;
* Architecture, Planning, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management or Economics;
* Academic experience displaying a strong interest in sustainability, green building or energy efficiency.
* Knowledge of building systems, energy efficiency technologies, green building and high performance design;
* Knowledge of energy efficiency or green building or related environmental / resource management programs is a strong plus;
* Understanding of marketing strategy and market analysis techniques is a strong plus;
* Experience with modeling techniques related to energy or environmental planning is a strong plus;
* Excellent oral and written communications skills;* Team-oriented, hands-on, highly skilled, adaptive, and client-focused.
© 2009, Tracey de Morsella. All rights reserved. Do not republish.