Job Description: Build demand for green power at the grassroots level!We are looking for an energetic, articulate, highly organized person who is ready to take on a leadership role within our fast growing start-up. If you’re willing to take a chance with us, and like to work in an entrepreneurial atmosphere, we’d love to hear from you. We look for people who share our passions and understand the opportunities available to an emerging business. We welcome resumes from qualified people ready to assist us in growing a new kind of energy company.
Company: Clean Currents LLC.
Location: Rockville, MD
Clean Currents is a for profit, clean energy broker/aggregator licensed by the Maryland Public Service Commission and the District of Columbia Public Service Commission. We are based in Rockville, Maryland in a Montgomery County Small Business Incubator and operate in Maryland, DC, Chicago, Texas, and other areas where there is a competitive electricity market. Founded in 2005, the company’s mission is to fight global warming through innovative and practical clean energy solutions for residents and homes. Clean Currents is involved in green power sales, solar installations, LEED and energy efficiency consulting, and other green energy ventures. Chesapeake Green is our program for residential green power. We that believes businesses have a responsibility to protect and hopefully improve our natural environment while conducting their operations.
• High energy, positive personality and willingness to work hard
• Amazing verbal and written communications skills
• Passion for the environment
• Proven ability to be a self-starter
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to speak in front of large groups
• Leadership skills and/or experience
• Willingness to take risks
Would also like:
• LEED accredited professional is a major plus!
• Connections to environmental and progressive organizations in the DC area
• Microsoft Excel skills
• Understanding of the electricity industry
• Sales experience is a big plus
About the Chesapeake Green Program Manager
The position will report to the President and to the CEO of Clean Currents. S/he will be
responsible for the following:
1. Managing the Chesapeake Green residential program
– This includes customer service for existing customers, answering new customer queries, tracking customer enrollments, interfacing with our energy supplier, ensuring customers receive welcome kits and communications from Clean Currents, and, recruiting
and managing interns and volunteers.
2. Researching, writing and managing our eNewsletter.
3. Designing and managing the execution of a strategic marketing campaign to increase enrollments in C Green.
– Working with Clean Currents management, you will develop a plan to utilize low cost methods to reach potential customers in the DC area. You will be given a budget to support your efforts, but the focus will be on low cost marketing strategies.
4. If you are LEED accredited, helping develop new business leads and doing LEED related work.
5. Chipping in wherever needed!
Compensation: $25,000 to $35,000 annual salary depending on experience. Salary will include incentives based on the company meeting revenue goals for the C Green Program.
Benefits: Vacation, health care, and personal days, plus a green benefit package to be discussed.
Work Atmosphere: Casual, fun and low key. We are a start up company looking to grow exponentially through capital investments and increased sales. Get in on the ground floor!
If interested in this position, please send resume and cover letter along with writing sample (if you have one) to email@example.com
Clean Currents LLC.
155 Gibbs St. Suite 425
Rockville, MD 20850
© 2009, Tracey de Morsella. All rights reserved. Do not republish.