The Social Venture Network is looking for the next generation of innovative, socially responsible business leaders and nonprofit entrepreneurs. And so, they’ve created the Innovation Awards program, dedicated to recognizing the leaders of emerging enterprises. Once these figures have been recognized, they will be immersed into the SVN community, providing them access to a network of 500 successful socially responsible business and nonprofit leaders, investors, and other resources and connections that can help them achieve success with their own enterprise.
For more than 23 years, SVN members have played an integral part in transforming the way the world does business. From the organic revolution to fair trade to socially responsible investing and so much more, their members have pioneered a movement that has proven that business can truly be used as a tool for making the world a better place.
2010 SVN Innovation Award recipients will each receive:
- 2011 SVN Membership: A one-year complimentary 2011 SVN basic membership, giving each Innovation Award winner access to an inspiring community of socially responsible business leaders who can provide advice, introductions and resources.
- 2010 Fall Conference: Complimentary registration, travel and hotel, and special recognition during a Friday evening Awards Ceremony at SVN’s 2010 Fall Conference to be held again at the Ocean Place Resort in Long Branch, New Jersey, October 21-24.
- Promotion: Prominent recognition on SVN’s website for a full year, and recognition in our 2009 Stakeholder Report
- Press: Winners will be featured in a 6-page spread in the November/December 2010 issue of Utne Reader, as well as promoted on Care2.com and GreenBiz.com.
How to Apply: Click here to download the application.
Deadline: The application deadline is April 15, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST.
Application Process and Eligibility:
– To be eligible for the Awards, applicants must currently hold positions as C-level executives (CEOs, executive directors, founders, etc.). The Awards are open only to entrants whose organization (company or nonprofit) has been fully operational for more than 6 months, but less than 5 years as of April 15, 2010. “Fully Operational” within the SVN Innovation Awards context means that the organization has already started offering its services, products or programs to its intended customers. Applications submitted on behalf of an organization that is still in the business plan phase, or that is still in the process of launching but has not actually launched, will not be considered.
– Applicants must be based in the US or Canada, not including Quebec.
– The application process includes providing thoughtful answers to several essay questions and presenting relevant metrics describing your enterprise or organization. Applicants selected as finalists will also need to participate in phone interviews and submit additional materials.
Applications for the 2010 Awards will be accepted from January 15 – April 15, 2010.
By June 11, 2010: A group of up to 15 finalists will be selected by the Innovation Awards judging panel and will be notified and asked to submit further documentation, which may include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Business plan
- Past, current, and projected financial statements
- Letters of recommendation (from partners, investors, supplies, customers, stakeholders, etc.)
SVN will schedule a 1-hour phone interview with each of the Finalists to be conducted by both an Innovation Awards judge and an SVN representative sometime between June 11 – July 9, 2010.
By late July 2010: The 2010 Innovation Award winners will be notified and invited to attend the 2010 SVN Fall Conference to be held at the Ocean Place Resort in Long Branch, New Jersey, October 21-24. Winners will also begin working with SVN staff to create the feature article for Utne Reader (due to Utne Reader by August 15, 2010)
The Awards ceremony will take place on Friday, October 22, 2010. Winners are encouraged to attend the entire conference in order to make the most of their experience as a 2010 Innovation Award winner.
Contact: Should you have any questions about the SVN Innovation Awards, please email Awards@svn.org or call 415-561-6501 and ask for Lars Olson or Tina Sciabica.
Note: Please do not contact the Green Economy Post regarding this opportunity. We are not affiliated with the sponsoring organizations, and therefore have no additional information. Sometimes the link is changed for the opportunities. When this happens, go to the home page of the organizers to locate information on the opportunity or contact the organization directly.
© 2010, Michael D Tam. All rights reserved. Do not republish.